Health condition in India: an Introduction
True to the above quote, Bookmyscans firmly restores the fact that without good health everything else is, well, nothing and lose value.
With innovation and technology taking a central point in our lives, India is carrying the burden of chronic ailments popularly known as lifestyle diseases. The younger generation is prone to life-threatening diseases like cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases, diabetes, obesity and others.
Hypertension, work-life imbalance, lack of physical exercise, rising pollution levels and the quality of food consumed are all contributing to numerous health problems that didn’t exist earlier. Individuals are experiencing severe alterations in their body and health conditions that interfere with their daily life.
Ignorance towards health in this digital age is leading to the loss of lives and constant worry in the minds of millions. And, expensive medical costs are only adding to the burgeoning worries.
Importance of Preventive Health Checkups in India
With an immediate need to combat rising health ailments, bookmyscans has introduced comprehensive preventive health checkup packages designed by experts.
Preventive health checkups are available in different packages. You get a complete picture of the condition of your health after undergoing these tests.
We have seen people suffering at the later stages of chronic diseases just because the diseases were not diagnosed and treated at the right time. A small delay in the detection of these diseases can cause big harm. A larger population of India has always lacked either money to buy quality healthcare or time. Bookmyscans brings to you both, quality healthcare at best affordable prices at the right time. It is never too late to have a complete health check-up.
Important tests in preventive health checkups you should not miss:
- Cardiac Risk Markers: Cardiac Risk Profile gives information about factors like blood sugar, elevated blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides that can possibly cause heart diseases. Family history and lifestyle habits are taken into account.
- Complete Hemogram: It helps to evaluate the overall health of an individual and checks for disorders like anaemia, leukaemia and other infections. This test measures critical components and features of blood like red blood cells for oxygen, white blood cells to fight infection, haemoglobin that is the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells and platelets that prevent blood clots.
- Diabetes: Tests include a random blood sugar test and a fasting blood sugar test. The following results revel sugar levels. If diabetes is suspected, a urine test is conducted to see if the body has enough insulin to use glucose.
- Iron Deficiency: It’s the prime cause of anaemia resulting from a decrease in haemoglobin levels. Tests for ferritin indicate the level of stored iron in the body. Advanced diagnostic tests include endoscopy, colonoscopy and ultrasound to check for internal bleeding or excessive menstrual bleeding in women.
- Lipid Function Test: A panel of blood tests detects abnormalities like cholesterol and triglycerides. Cholesterol and triglycerides are essential fat acids however, high levels indicate possible risks of heart diseases. It’s derived from the level of low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein.
- Liver Function Test: A series of blood tests help diagnose liver diseases by measuring the levels of certain enzymes and proteins present in the blood. The tests reveal if bilirubin, a blood waste product is helping the body eliminate waste products caused by dead red blood cells. It clearly indicates if the individual is affected by jaundice or anaemia.
- Pancreatic Profile: Amylase and lipase are key digestive enzymes, produced by the pancreas, that break down starches and help digest fats respectively. It reveals the inflammation of pancreas called pancreatitis, resulted from high levels of amylase and lipase present in the bloodstream.
- Kidney Function Test: Kidneys play an important role in filtering waste materials from the blood through urine. The tests measure the filtration rate at which blood is filtered in the kidneys. It also diagnoses if urea is transferred to the kidneys from the liver for excretion. Urinalysis, serum creatine test and blood sample tests are performed.
- Thyroid Function Test: The thyroid gland located below your neck regulates metabolism and energy generation. The test comprises of collective blood tests to diagnose the condition of the thyroid gland.
- Vitamin Test: Vitamins are essential components that ensure the normal functioning of various organs and help in maintaining overall health. Vitamin tests help monitor vitamin levels during different stages of your life.
- Electrolytes Profile: Salt and minerals are electrolytes and this test helps determine if there is an electrolyte imbalance in the body. It also measures the effectiveness of a particular treatment.
- Urinogram : This graphical representation of urinary elimination tests the urine and its components to determine the physical condition of an individual. It helps detect abnormalities in the body through the colour and thickness of the urine.