When any section of organ bursts through an aperture or a tissue that was designated to keep it in place, the condition is called hernia. A hernia is commonly found in geriatric mass but can occur at any age.
Abdomen wall is the most common region for a hernia. Once the abdominal wall wears down or tears, hernia develops. A hernia can develop in the groin area as well as the umbilical area and femoral area.
The main causes of a hernia are:
- Physical strain
- Muscle Weakness
- Congenital defect
- A cough
- Harming to the abdomen produced by an injury.
- Weight gain
- Lifting Heavy Weight
Medical history of the patient should be reviewed
Depending on where a hernia has developed, a hernia can be categorized
Types Of Hernia
- An inguinal Hernia: Occurs when the intestines protrude through a weak point in the lower abdominal wall. An inguinal hernia is the most common kind of a hernia found in humans.
- An umbilical Hernia: Occurs in infants/small children if their intestines protrude through the abdominal wall near to the umbilicus. This type of hernia may be caused due to a defect of birth in the diaphragm, pregnancy or obesity.
- An incisional Hernia: Found post-abdominal surgery, when a hernia protrudes from the repaired incision. This type of a hernia may occur in the patient’s body months or years after a surgery.
- A Hiatal Hernia: Occurs when the diaphragm (a dome-shaped cup made of silicone and looks like Meg Griffin’s hat) is protruded through by a component of the stomach into the chest. It is most common in women, having an age of 50 or less.
- A femoral Hernia: Occurs mostly in women due to frailty in the femoral canal near the groin.
Surgery is the only treatment that can permanently eliminate a hernia. Surgery may be more perilous for patients with serious medical problems. If a hernia is very little/small and not showing any symptoms, your surgeon may just need to watch it for a period of time to assure it is not growing or causing any problems.
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Kengeri
(67, Uttarahalli Main Road, Sunkalpalya, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560060)
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the most reputed hospitals in Bangalore, caters to several overseas patients from around the world suffering from different kind of disorders such as kidney failures, breast cancer, liver ailments, neurological disorders, hernia, leukemia among others. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru has an international reputation as a center of excellence for advanced clinical care. The hospital is the Holy Grail for your entire healthcare needs.
The cost of hernia treatment at this multispecialty hospital can cost you anywhere in between Rs.55,000
- Manipal Hospitals HAL Old Airport Road
(98, HAL Old Airport Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560017)
The hospital chain believes in providing superlative treatment and outstanding clinical as well as provides empathetic care to its patients in Bangalore. Educating the health professionals of tomorrow in a variety of disciplines and guide them discover new and latest techniques and ideas that will re-define the future of clinical care.
Manipal Hospitals has a special implicative insinuation in the overall healthcare industry of India. For 5 decades, the hospital chain has been dedicated to serving its community with brilliance, admiration, and commiseration.
Cost of hernia treatment at Manipal Hospitals HAL Old Airport Road will cost you anywhere Rs.80,000/-
- Phoenix Hospital
(1510, 19th main road, Vanganahalli, 1st Sector, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102)
Cost of Hernia surgery at Phoenix Hospital, HSR layout will cost you,
For, Inguinal Hernia – Rs.60,000/-
For, Umbilical Hernia – Rs.60,000/-
- GM Hospital
(611/612, Nagarabhavi main road, 2nd stage, Vinayaka Layout, Nagarabhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560072)
Cost of Hernia treatment at GM Hospital will be,
(Mesh included and tackers excluded) – Rs.67,600/-
(Mesh included and tackers excluded) – Rs.82,183/-
Umbilicalhernioplasty – Rs.75,855/-
- Columbia Asia Hospital
(Columbia Asia Hospital Kirloskar Business Park, Bellary Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066)
(Survey No. 10P & 12P, Whitefield Rd, Vartur Kodi, Ramagondanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066)
Cost of Hernia Surgery operation at Columbia Asia Hospital will be,
For, Lap Hernia Inguinal – Rs.1,13,000/-
For more details, Fill the details :